
My good friend, Dawn, who delivered a sweet baby girl 6 months ago lent me this book. It is very informative about what to expect entering the hospital and possible decisions/hurtles you may have to face if you are planning on a natural childbirth. I knew that I wanted to be in a hospital to have our baby, especially being the first one. I knew I would be most comfortable and relaxed knowing that help is right there if an emergency arises. That being the case, I am also hoping to deliver as natural as possible. This book really gets you thinking and planning ahead. I kept a list of questions for my OB as I read through it and asked them at each pre-natal visit. I have heard that if you hope for a natural childbirth in the hospital you really need to go in there with a strong support group and mindset. If the staff can feel that it is something you strongly desire and are willing to strive for they will be most supportive. I am fortunate enough to be delivering somewhere where they are already taking a more holistic approach to childbirth and are placing the mother in charge. Less than one month and a half now and we will see how this whole plan plays out! :) I can't wait!
No comments :
Post a Comment