Just wanted to share the first herb harvest this year! Here you see basil, dill, purple basil, oregano, and lavender. I'm pretty impressed with this lavender plant because we transplanted it from the front flower bed into the back yard raised garden this year. The past two years in the front it hasn't grown much and hardly had any blooms. Since the transplant, it has tripled in size and, as you see, bloomed like crazy! I have never harvested lavender before and so these are actually a little *too* bloomed, but they still look pretty! I tied little bunches of them together and put them in different rooms around the house!
The rest of the herbs were divided up for freezing and drying. I love freezing fresh herbs so that in winter, when its time for a big bowl of pasta, there is fresh basil at hand!
The really dark looking cubes are coffee. D likes to make iced coffee in summer and likes to use coffee cubes like at his favorite coffee shop! ...please, ignore the awkward foot.
No comments :
Post a Comment