Christmas Baking Extravaganza

Day 1/3

Tis the Season!... for lots and lots of yummies!  I will be heading to my Grandparent's home in southern Georgia later this week and this year will be contributing to the massive sweets pile that appears there every Christmas.  I love going to my grandparent's home.  Its my mom's side of the family and there are a bunch of us! :)  So, of course, we require ungodly amounts of delicious foods, both sweet and savory.  There are many wonderful cooks in the family, with each contributing in their own way, we always end up with a delicious array of delicacies!

Today involved deciphering between what *ahem* everything I WANT to take and what I SHOULD take.  I have filled my Pinterest with so many holiday treats that I was a bit overwhelmed trying to figure out what the best combination would be.  

Eventually I settled on three cookies: Peppermint Pinwheels, Raspberry Almond Thumbprints, and Shortbread Cutouts. The three pies will be: Pumpkin, Eggnog, and a Multi-Fruit Pie (need to decide which fruits!)  I stilll need to bake some biscotti to finish up a couple of people's gifts.  I settled on Peppermint Biscotti since it looks so Christmasy!

Here are a few pictures of the Peppermint Biscotti I found on this sweet blog.  Please, bare with me.  I am in the beginning stages of playing around with my new camera! :)

Ready to pop in the oven!
I added 1/2 tsp. of Peppermint extract into the dough for a little extra kick!

After the first bake, resting, and ready to be sliced!

Deliciousness!
I have only made biscotti once before and they turned out waaaay to hard.  I was nervous this time around and I actually could have let them bake a little longer!  Either way, they turned out so yummy!

No comments :

Post a Comment